Online tools are a crucial resource for microbiologists and other scientists, providing access to data, databases, and software for analyzing, simplifying hard/tedious tasks, and interpreting results.
List of online tools offered by The phage (some are still under construction)
- PFU calculator
- Plaque counter
- DNA translate
- Reverse transcription tool
- DNA to RNA tool
- RNA to DNA tool
- Reagent preparation tool (give you the exact volume and mass of individual components)
- MOI calculator
- Phage taxonomy ranking tool
- One-step growth curve plotting tool (Give the burst size and latent period)
Here’s a list of popular online tools that might be useful for microbiologists and other scientists:
- BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool) – a tool for comparing a sequence with a database of sequences.
- UniProt – a database of protein sequence and functional information.
- GeneBank – a database of genetic sequences and information.
- PubMed Central – a digital archive of life sciences journal literature.
- NCBI Taxonomy Browser – a tool for exploring the taxonomic hierarchy of organisms.
- UCSC Genome Browser – a graphical interface for exploring and analyzing genomic data.
- EMBL-EBI InterPro – a database of protein families, domains, and functional sites.
- STRING – a database of protein-protein interactions.
- PhyloT – a web-based tool for creating and visualizing phylogenetic trees.
- Chimera – a program for visualizing molecular structures and trajectories.
(Visited 78 times, 1 visits today)Last modified: February 9, 2023